WHAT IS A YONI EGG?
A yoni egg is an egg-shaped stone made out of 100% natural crystal. It is inserted into the vagina to assist with pelvic floor strength and enhancing internal sensation and organic potential.
Can all women wear a Yoni Egg?
Yes! No matter what the age, it will help whatever phase of life you’re in (my 83 grandmother wears hers after 20 years of incontinence!).
We have testimonials from women in their early 20s who used the egg consistently and were able to reach an orgasm during sex, as well as women in their 70s who say it assisted their weak bladder and prolapse.
Your intention for using the egg will also have an impact on your experience.
How do I use my Yoni Egg?
The yoni egg practice is not complex. There are essentially three ways to wear your Yoni Egg:
- A daily 15 minute “Yoni Egg Yoga” practice – AKA simply doing your kegels (pelvic floor exercises) in a series of exercises. We include three exercises in our brochure when you purchase. Also make sure you join our Facebook group for our instructional videos. https://www.facebook.com/groups/yonipalace/
- Inserting the Yoni Egg and simply walking around the house! The weight of the egg and the gravity will create resistance, meaning there will be benefits for the pelvic floor muscles even if you don’t do your kegels (squeezes). Just make sure you wear your underwear in case it falls out.
- Sleeping with it in. Some women insert the egg and it falls straight out! This is totally normal, particularly if you’ve had children. If this is the case, start with having it in while you’re horizontal, sitting or sleeping. The muscles will begin to gain memory & familiarity with having a weight internally.
How often do I wear my Yoni Egg?
We suggest daily or at least three times a week to experience ultimate benefits.
If you use it once a week or once a month you may not experience much change in your pelvic floor, orgasm, sensitivity etc.
How long do I wear my Yoni Egg?
This is a debate among practitioners. Some experts say 20 minutes maximum, other experts say 24 hours to a few days is totally OK!
What I say is: Listen to your vagina! She will tell you when it needs to come out.
As a starting point we suggest with using your Yoni Egg for 15 – 30 minutes. This will help you sense how it feels in your body.
If you experience any pain, remove the egg straight away and begin with having it in while you’re sitting or lying down.
Generally speaking we suggest not using the egg for longer than 6 – 12 hours at a time. Besides, you may feel some abdominal pain (like cramping) if the egg is in for too long.
Your yoni needs to breathe!
And your muscles need to relax.
You don’t want to tire your intimate muscles.
Why do I need a Yoni Egg? Can’t I just do kegel exercises?
Just like you lift weights at the gym to build your bicep muscles — similarly it’s recommended to use a weight inside the yoni if you’re wanting to strengthen this area. The question should be, why would you do your kegel exercises and not use a weight?
The vagina is just like any other muscle in the body and just because it’s a sexual organ, doesn’t mean we should deny it the opportunity to be strong, toned and healthy.
To build up the strength and sensations in the yoni, it’s important to use a weight for resistance. However, just as you can over-do it at the gym – you can also over-train your yoni. So be gentle, and start with 3 days a week.
How do I put it in?
If you need to, use some lubricant or coconut oil to assist with an easeful insertion.
If you have a drilled Yoni Egg, thread the floss through the drilled hole and tie a knot. If you’re nervous about the string breaking, simply thread through another length of floss (don’t panic – it will ALWAYS come out and will NOT get stuck!)
Place the larger end of the egg at the entrance of your vagina and gently insert about a fingers length.
It will go all the way inside and rest in the cavity between the Gspot and the Cervix.
Is it normal not to feel my egg?
Imagine if you were to feel a tampon inside you all the time? It would get uncomfortable after a while!
The 70gram polished egg is no different, despite it being a bit heavier!
A lot of women expect fire works once they insert the egg, which is not aways the case (but also not always not the case).
It’s normal to insert the egg and not feel a single thing. Why?
Because most women are quite numb internally due to a multitude of factors:
- lack of vaginal nerve endings (wearing the yoni egg helps create this!)
- sexual trauma stored in the cells
- operations have caused scar tissue
- not doing your kegel muscle training (pelvic floor exercises)
- childbirth scar tissue
Some women, on the other hand feel A LOT!! So much so they need to take it out after 10 minutes. Everyone is so different – so listen to your vaginal voice.
How do I get my egg out?
If you’re a beginner, we suggest starting with a drilled yoni egg first, that way you can thread through the floss and pull it out.
If you get an undrilled egg, or your string breaks. Don’t panic sister! You don’t need to go to the ER. Here are some ways you can get it out:
- Squat down and insert your finger to get it out. It may take a little while to reach it and draw it out but it’s entirely possible!
- Go to the toilet and bare down like you are going to do a wee or a poo. Catch it! If it falls out, don’t flush the toilet otherwise it will be gone forever… get a glove and retrieve it. Keep in warm water with apple cider for 10 mins to clean.
- Squat down and cough.
- Get your partner to get a finger inside you and scoop it out.
- Get your best friend to come over and insert a finger to scoop it out.
- Get your neighbour to come over and insert a finger to scoop it out (just kidding!).
Do I have to engage my pelvic floor muscles the whole time?
Just like wearing a tampon, your vagina holds the egg inside naturally without needing constant contraction, particularly if you haven’t given birth.
If you have given birth and have a weak pelvic floor, you may need to consciously contract the pelvic floor to keep the egg in – hence why you would only use for 15 minutes (if this was the case).
I’m pregnant, can I wear a Yoni Egg?
We suggest you not to wear your yoni egg during pregnancy unless you have worn it consistently before pregnancy.
I am noticing that when a woman get pregnant, all of a sudden she wants to work on their pelvic floor (for obvious reasons!). And it’s not too late to do so, however it’s much better to start your pelvic floor practice NOW before getting pregnant.
If you are reading this and you are pregnant, I recommend just doing your pelvic floor exercises (squeeze, release) without an egg weight inside you.
Unless you get a loud and clear YES from your vagina, I would encourage you to wait to use your Yoni Egg after childbirth or C-Section. And wait 6 weeks to use it internally.
When you’re pregnant, it’s best to not introduce new practices and you don’t want to risk too much weight or energy in your vagina or womb during pregnancy.
Can my Yoni Egg get lost?
The yoni egg practice is meant to be a gentle, self-loving practice – not a nerve wracking, fear-infusing exercise worrying: “Eeek will this thing get stuck or ever come out”.
Firstly, it cannot get “stuck”. Sure it can stay up there for a while, but it can’t get stuck and lodged there forever! (So don’t worry – no trips to emergency are necessary).
And secondly, it will always come out.
Anatomically, inside the vagina we have the cervix as a gateway to our uterus, meaning nothing can go beyond the cervix.
We always recommend beginners using a drilled egg to start with along with our un-waxed, un-minted dental floss.
If you’re paranoid, string your yoni egg twice with double he amount of floss. To retrieve it, simply squat down in the shower, pull on the string and the egg will come out.
Sometimes a little bit of wee, ejaculate (amrita) or creamy vaginal discharge may even come out – this is normal. And it may depend on the time of your cycle. Ask anything like this in our group Yoni Pleasure Palace www.facebook.com/groups/yonipalace
Can I boil my egg to clean it?
Crystal yoni eggs are not to be boiled as they may crack under pressure or ruin their crystalline structure and integrity.
Despite what some practitioners share, we suggest washing your Yoni Eggs in warm water with a dash of apple cider vinegar, lavender oil or a gentle organic soap wash (nothing too harsh).
The only stone that can whitstand boiling hot water is Nephrite Jade and even still, I don’t encourage you to boil this stone despite its density.
And whatever you do, do not insert a hot egg into your vagina. Wait for it to cool down until it’s luke warm.
What are the benefits?
Using yoni eggs have loads of benefits, including:
- Increases connection with the Yoni (so many women are “cut off” from the waist down)
- Increases sensation during sex / self pleasure
- Revitalises nerve-endings in the vagina
- Improves overall life-force energy or “chi” in the body
- Boosts sexual energy levels and awakens the libido
- Helps train the vagina for childbirth and recover the muscles post-childbirth
- Increases wetness and lubrication (yes, yes, YES!)
- Helps to prevent prolapse whereby the pelvic organs collapse into the vagina due to atrophy and non-use.
- Relieves incontinence (weak bladder/accidentally peeing)
- Balances hormones by increasing blood flow to the area, which contribute to youthfulness
- Heightens orgasmic potential and able to access a variety of orgasms
- Helps to stay grounded in body and brings awareness to the yoni, womb and entire pelvic band
- Improves overall health, happiness and wellness – physically and spiritually – as the yoni egg focuses on the place in the body with the most Chi (life force energy).
What size do I use?
Generally speaking, a medium size yoni egg is ideal for most women who haven’t given birth. So to reduce confusion about sizes, we recommend most women to start with a medium.
However sometimes a “one-size” approach doesn’t “fit all”.
So if you have given birth or maybe you haven’t had sexual intercourse yet, it might be nice to purchase a set of three (small, medium and large), that way you can explore the different sizes and what feels right for you on any given day. For example, a medium might be too small for you to hold inside (and may keep dropping out), so you might prefer to use a large egg to begin with (the vagina has to contract less to hold it in). If you are very small internally, a virgin or have a condition like vaginismus, you may prefer to begin with a small egg, making it easier to insert and hold inside.
Which crystal do I begin with?
This is an intuitive choice.
However if you’re not so good at making intuitive decisions and you’ve had our shop window open on your computer for weeks now, go for the traditionally used Yoni Egg – Nephrite Jade.
Jade is the strongest, most dense and healing stone to use as a beginner. It’s heavy, won’t break and is stronger than steal meaning it won’t break if you drop it.
Unlike Rose Quartz or Black obsidian, Jade will likely not bring too much raw emotion to the surface as it’s a very gentle and healing semi-precious gemstone.
The range of crystals YPP have available:
Amethyst: Third Eye Chakra. Meditation and higher consciousness stone. Supports sobriety and helps heal addictions. Better sleep. Calms mind. Emotional centring. Cleanses aura.
Black Obsidian: Grounding. Protection stone. Clearing and shields negative energy. Activates and stimulates Base Chakra. Animal energy. Heals sexual trauma.
Clear Quartz: Third eye & Crown Chakra. Master Clearer. Stimulates immune system. Balances. Deep soul cleanser. Clarity to communication.
Green Aventurine (Indian Jade): Enhances Spiritual growth. Wisdom. Positive thought. Fresh energy. Luck. Opportunity. Charm. Calming nervous system. Resolves blockade in Heart Chakra. Relieves anger, nervousness and anxiety. Enhances romantic relationship. Quietens money mind.
Nephrite Jade (darker green): Stone of health & vitality. Prosperity. Abundance. Transmutes negative to positive. Fertility. Kidney health.
Moonstone: Enhances sexual energy. Stabalises mood swings. Overcomes fatigue. Purifies kidneys. Ideal for meditation. Helps during transition. Attacks light beings. Lessens anxiety.
Red Carnelian: Base and Sacral Chakra. Feminine empowerment & strength. Creativity. Individuality. Courage. Helps with anger anger, jealousy & fear. Balances sexual energy.
Rose Quartz: Unconditional Love. Compassion. Peace. Forgiveness. Self Love. Heals the heart Chakra. Connects heart with the Yoni. Amplifying crystal. Attract romantic partner.
Shiva Lingham: Awaken libido and sexual energy. Balances feminine and masculine. Primal energy. Fertility. Helps with creativity and birthing new ideas into the world. Overcome sexual abuse. Activate kundalini energy.
Over 5000 years ago, the Ancient Chinese civilisation regarded the sexual organs as the centre of one’s health. If this area of your body was active and healthy, your entire body was active and healthy.
The Chinese considered the Yoni to be the place from which one can channel their ‘chi’ (life force energy) to their higher Chakras (energy centres in the body) in the aim of enlightenment. The process was thought to transmute their sexual energy into higher spiritual energy thus allowing them to get closer to God and feel happier, healthier and full of vitality.
The Jade Egg practice is an ancient Taoist practice and dates back to Imperial China when it was kept a secret by the Empress in the Royal Palace. The Queen and her concubines practiced using the Jade Egg to strengthen the power of their vaginas not only to impress the King sexually, but also to heighten their spirituality and transform & transmute their Chi. This brought them more peace, health, youth and essentially helped them live for longer.
The Jade Egg practice was only taught to the most privileged women of the royal courts. So how lucky are we to have access to such ancient techniques and be able to do anytime, anywhere!?
Caring for your egg
There are four things to remember when caring for your egg:
1. When you receive your egg, I suggest washing it in warm water with organic, chemical free soap, vinegar or essential oil (something like lavender or tea tree). This will wash away any bacteria and sterilise the egg or wand. Be sure not to put the crystal under direct boiling hot water as this may force it to crack. Warm soapy water is fine to use in between uses.
2. Regularly energetically cleanse your egg or wand. Crystals absorb energy, so it’s important to neutralise the crystal by doing one or more of the following techniques:
- Leave over night under a full moon (even if it’s cloudy).
- Rinse or soak in salty water (ideally the ocean).
- Leave in salt crystals over night.
- Smudge with your sage stick.
- Leave in the sunshine (not too long or it might fade).
- Wrap in cotton and bury in the earth.
3. To maximise your use out of the crystal, set your intention into the stone each time before using it. Crystals are natural entities from the earth and can be programmed with a heart felt intention. Simply close your eyes, place your crystal in your hands or against your heart, and feel into an authentic intention that rises up for you. Then detach from that intention.
4. Keep in a safe place on your alter or in your bedroom. Ideally don’t keep in the bathroom or anywhere where people can pick it up and touch it. This is your sacred stone, for no one else to touch.
We get asked a lot of questions about when to use /not use the Yoni Egg. There are some occasions to be extra careful when using the egg, for example:
- When you are pregnant. Unless you have used the yoni egg previously, it’s best to err on the side of caution. If you would like to use the egg whilst pregnant, we suggest only using the egg for 15 minutes the day. Many teachers encourage women not to use the egg at all during pregnancy, however from our perspective it can only be a good thing to connect to your vagina and create more flexibility, elasticity and tone internally, especially before preparing for vaginal childbirth. However, you don’t want to be putting a lot of strain on your pelvic floor muscles / womb space (as your energy needs to be focusing on the baby) so minimising the time you use the yoni egg to bare minimum (15 mins).
- If you have an IUD mirena. In our view, it’s totally OK to use the yoni egg if you have an IUD as they are designed to withstand vigorous sex, tampons, self pleasure with dildos etc. So a small, polished egg shaped stone will likely not dislodge an IUD. To be extra careful, we recommend using a non-drilled egg so the string won’t get caught on the wire.
- If you are menstruating. Your moon-time is a sacred time of shedding and releasing so we recommend not using the egg during your monthly bleed. However if you feel intuitively called to use the egg, please do so for a small amount of time and only a small or medium egg (lighter in weight). During this time of the month there is downward flow of energy, so inserting a stone weight is going against the natural flow of energy, just like doing an inversion in yoga.
- During sexual intercourse. This is a deeply personal, intuitively choice for you. Personally I don’t use my yoni egg during sex as I don’t feel it’s necessary. If you want to explore sex using a yoni egg inside, please use non-drilled to make sure the drilled hole doesn’t scratch internally.
Where do we source our crystals from?
Our crystals are sourced from all over the world, depending on where the crystal deposits are.
For example, our Black Obsidian is sourced from Brazil, our Rose Quartz from Madagascar, our Nephrite Jade from Canada.
Once the crystals are mined from these locations, they are then sent to our exceptional staff in China and shaped into an egg shape or wand shape. Our suppliers do not use any chemicals, BPAs, phthalates, glues or dyes in the process and the crystals are 100% natural and raw from Mother Earth.
Basically there is a lot of “crap” out there on the market, which we discovered when we first started stocking Yoni Eggs in 2014, so it is very important you find a reliable retailer who knows their products, crystals and suppliers well! I have made this my hobby and am very passionate about offering quality products at an affordable price.
We have had the same reliable, trusted supplier for almost 4 years, and they demonstrate and deliver ethically produced products consistently.
*ALL INFORMATION BELOW FROM OUR SUPPLIER, YONI PLEASURE PALACE*